If you're in grades 6-12, you've come to the right place!
- Teen Photography Contest (for 6th-12th graders)
Looking for a creative challenge? Enjoy photography? Looking for something to do this winter? Enter our photography contest, beginning December 1, 2013 and ending January 17 at 5pm.
One photograph may be entered for each category: People, Funny, Animal, Nature, Holiday. Photos must be taken by the entering teen during the contest time. Details for submitting your entries (either in-person with 5x7 prints or online) and complete rules are available here.
Winners (one for each category, for each age group: 6th-8th grade & 9th-12th grade plus one "Best in Show") will each receive a $10 gift card. Prizes will be awarded at a public reception & display of all entries on Tuesday, Feb. 11 at 7pm in the Meabon Room at the Howell Carnegie District Library.
Winter Teen (6th-12th grades) Volunteer applications are now available. Completed applications (with parent’s signature) are due back by Friday, December 20 at 5:00 pm. Applications will be reviewed and selected volunteers will be contacted by mid-January. Winter volunteer session runs January - May. Late applications are not accepted.
What do our Teen Volunteers do?
During the school year, teen volunteers help to keep the Youth Department clean and organized, help prepare crafts for early literacy classes, and hang artwork, among other tasks. School year teen volunteers are scheduled for a 1.5 hour shift twice a month.
What you will get out of volunteering...
- An opportunity to learn and practice a variety of job-related skills.
- Something different and interesting to do.
- An opportunity to meet new people.
- Volunteer experience- a welcome addition to college, scholarship, and job applications.
- Makes you feel good!
- Writing Contest: Profile in Courage Essay Contest (for grades 9-12 OR students under 20 years old in correspondence/GED program)