Hotspot Home Checkout
Take the Internet with you wherever you go with a Wi-Fi Hotspot. Perfect for use at home, in a park, or while on vacation. The HCDL Hotspot is an easy-to-use mobile Hotspot that keeps your laptop, tablet, or other Wi-Fi enabled devices connected to the Internet.
- To check out a Hotspot, patron must:
- Be a HOWELL LIBRARY DISTRICT RESIDENT.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Present BOTH a state-issued ID and Howell Carnegie District Library card.
- Be an HCDL library card holder for at least one year.
- Have less than $10 in fees, no billed items, claims returned or blocks on library card account. No exceptions.
- Hotspots can be checked out at the Information Desk for 3 weeks with no renewals and no grace period. A $10 late fee will be immediately added to patron’s account once checkout period has expired.
- Holds can be placed on Hotspots.
- Only ONE Hotspot can be checked out per library card account.
- You are responsible for the Hotspot and accessories checked out on your library card. In case of loss or damage, fees will be assessed on an individual basis depending upon cost of repair or replacement.
- Immediately report loss or damage to the Information Desk.
- Return Hotspot, accessories, and case to the Information Desk. Contents of case include Hotspot, power adaptor, and cord.
DO NOT RETURN THROUGH THE BOOK DROP
Doing so will result in loss of Hotspot checkout privileges.
- Replacement cost (Hotspot, accessories, and case): $90