The Library's collections are available to all persons for use within the building. Full service is offered to residents, property and business owners within the library district that is similar to the boundaries defined by the Howell Public School System. Special cards for non-residents are also available.
To Get a Library Card
- Apply in person and present official I.D. with name and current address.
- Those under 18 years old require parent / guardian signature.
- Your card is free if you are a Howell School District resident or if your home library is a member of The Library Network, otherwise there is a charge of $30 per individual card or $90 per family.
Three weeks for most materials. One week for high demand material.
Materials may be renewed up to three times if there are no reserves on them. Renewals may be made by telephone or online.
Materials not on the shelf may be reserved. Notification is given as soon as the item is available.
To insure optimal access to the library collection the Howell Carnegie District Library charges
- a fee for overdue notices
- the replacement cost of a lost or damaged item
- a processing fee for a lost or damaged item